Under the supervision of Fleet Manager, the Maintenance Inspector role will be to ensure compliance to all local requirements and company standards as well as to insure the proper maintenance of company vehicles including sales and distribution heavy trucks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and oversee the entire vehicle maintenance activities of the company.
- Inspect and diagnose mechanical and electrical malfunctions in automobiles, heavy and light trucks.
- Develop maintenance procedures and insuring procedures.
- Examine company vehicle and reviews maintenance.
- Record to insure that trucks have been maintained according to the prescribed job order.
- Perform scheduled visual inspections of all trucks under the company.
- Record all corrective action required for planned maintenance.
- Inspect and note quality of maintenance performed.
- Prepare and issue emergency maintenance instructions to appropriate staff.
- Conduct spot checks on maintained trucks to verify work completion.
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
- Check all repair works performed on internal/external garage completeness. This includes physical inspections and road test before vehicle is turned back to user department.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all company vehicles.
- Examine reports for accuracy on each vehicle and equipment repaired; prepare reports on vehicles and equipment repaired.
- Insure Health and Safety polices are compliant with.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BSC Degree/TVET Level III/IV in Auto Mechanic from known university/college
- 5/7 plus years of experience in maintenance inspection, Auto Mechanic and related areas
- Proven experience as maintenance inspector or similar roles. Experience in planning maintenance operations.
How to Apply
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their application letter and Updated CV (WITHOUT ANY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AT THIS STAGE) through the following address:
Please mention the specific Position you are applying for on the subject line of your email, candidates who do not follow the application instruction will not be considered.
Those applicants who prefer to apply in person are expected to bring their CV to our Office.
Address: Kazanchis,kirkos subcity infront of UNECA, ECA road.
Tel+251 (11) 585858
N.B. Candidates are encouraged to only apply online.