- Management accounts .
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monthly Management Report:
- Maintain monthly checklist and ensure that all transactions are processed into the Ledger by the 2nd day after month end,
- Extract all monthly reports and ensure their accuracy from the eCoda,
- Prepare and circulate all Monthly Management Reports as per set timetable,
- Prepare any other reports required by management,
- Ensure that the Trial Balance is reconciled to the Operating Statement and Balance Sheet on a monthly basis,
- Maintain a copy of Trial Balance, Aged Debtors by cost center, Aged suppliers Listing and Work in Process in a file for each month.
Budgets Preparation/ Monitoring:
- Consolidation of local budget files and Preparation of the Annual company budgets,
- Update management on the budget process and circulation of Budget team and local Management for approvals,
- Maintenance and filing of all budget working papers,
- Ensure that a Capital Expenditure Report/ Capital Disposal Report (CER/ CDR) is prepared for each addition or disposal of Fixed Assets and that all approvals are obtained,
- Review expenses monthly and advice management where there are variances to the budget.
Expense control and analysis:
- Ensure expense allocations is made to correct account codes,
- Month end review of all postings to ensure expenses are properly posted,
- Follow up expense analysis as per management request,
- Ensure that any misallocation of expenses identified during expense analysis is corrected.
Balance Sheet Accounts
- Ensure that reconciliations are received from the responsible Accounts staff for each account and a report is produced on compliance on a monthly basis by the set deadline.
- Preparation on a timely basis of monthly VAT returns,
- Monthly reconciliation of VAT accounts,
- Coordinate VAT audits for Refunds and from KRA,
- Update management on any changes in VAT legislation to ensure that the company does not incur any penalties.
Supervision and on the job training of Cost/Asset Control Accountant and Assistant Accountant (Ledger Accounts & Inter-Company)
- Ensure that on a day to day basis the Cost Accountant and the assistant accountant are performing their duties to the required standards,
- Ensure that the Cost Accountant and Assistant Accountant get appropriate on – the – job training to increase knowledge and understand of responsibilities,
- Carry out end of year performance management process.
Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by management
- Holder of a University degree either in Business, Finance or Accounting from a reputable university
- Certified Accountant CPA (K) or ACCA with CIA and CISA certifications
- At least 5 years Accounts Management in a similar setup running management accounts
- Proficiency in a computerized environment with ability to use specialized ERP software
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of computer especially Micro soft office applications
- High level understanding of management, financial and business practices
- High level of Information Technology and Computing
- Knowledge of Management Accounts
- Numerate and with strong finacial analysis acumen
- Honesty and discretion
- Willing to work according to the needs of the business
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
interested and qualified applicant should apply by sending your CV to the email below
Please mention the position title on your email subject line.