KAKI PLC is an official dealer and assembler of ISUZU in Ethiopia. It is also engaged in different business lines including import, export, metal fabrication, after sales services, and cargo freight transport operations. The company wishes to employ a qualified professional for the Marketing Department Manager position:
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Plans, organizes, directs and controls marketing and promotion activities of the company. He/she is responsible to analyze market opportunities and threats; report’s recommendations on product choice and marketing and sales strategies. Devises promotion tools organizes or involves in promotional events, exhibitions, trade fairs and advertising campaigns to promote products of the company. Prepare promotional materials for print media as well as digital media to attract potential customers. Studies government policies and strategies and makes use of these data for company development and interest. He/she constantly monitors market research, promotional and customer satisfaction and ensures that all sales inquiries and customer complaints are addressed without delay and appropriate corrective measures are timely taken.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Responsibility # 1 Management Duties
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls marketing and promotion activities of the company.
- Establishes long-term objectives and specifies the strategies & actions to achieve them.
- Ensures effectiveness of marketing, promotions, and communications programs and strategies.
- Coordinate with management and directs market channel development activities and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales show room, and opening branch offices.
Job Responsibility # 2 Marketing and Promotion Activities
- Collects and analyses data on customer preferences and factors affecting product demands; and makes business-oriented recommendations to the company.
- Conducts market intelligence, analyses competitors’ strategies and reports the same along recommendations.
- Oversees that advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, promotional materials, trade fair are properly managed.
- Ensure compliance to all state and federal regulations; and all relevant commercial laws and procedures, and duties, licenses and restrictions are properly adhered to.
- Measures and assesses customer response and satisfaction and report same for decision making.
- Organizes or involves in promotional events, exhibitions, and trade fairs to promote products of the company.
- Conduct market research to profile and segment customers, to support market growth strategies; and recommends ways of attracting and retaining customers
- Communicates and liaises with existing and potential clients via face to face meetings, email and telephone to explain products of the company and ensure optimal level of promotions.
- Develops and recommends brand positioning and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Identifies target market for sales; recommend devises to expand market share.
- Seeks out and targets new customers and new sales opportunities, initiates action plan to approach and secure new business for the company.
- Participate or delegate representatives at promotional activities and trade fairs, works with media people, advertisers, to promote company products.
- Prepare analysis in the development of new products in order to continue enhancing market development initiatives.
- Assesses market conditions in local, regional, national areas as well as oversea markets to target markets.
- Studies government policies in order to promote interest of company.
Job Responsibility # 3 Staff Management
- Enhance team spirit and works in co-operation with the department staffs and other partners.
- Conducts regular meetings with division heads to discuss ways and means of improving work systems;
- Ensures that competent staff are appointed on vacant positions in the dept;
- Supervises, leads, coaches and supports staff responsible to him/her;
- Identifies training need assessment and recommends appropriate training.
- Coaches, mentors and guides subordinates.
Job Responsibility # 4 Networking and Reporting
- Establishes and maintains networks and good relationships with government institutions, and other stakeholders.
- Prepares and submits periodical performance reports.
Job Responsibility # 5 Others
- Performs other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor
Required Number : One
Qualification : M. A Degree or B.A Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Management or related field of studies
Work Experience : 10 years for M.A. Degree or 12 years for B.A. Degree relevant work experience
Required Competence : Excellent presentation, report writing and interpersonal skill
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the job requirements listed above can submit their application letter, CV’s and testimonials via our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org in person to the company head office at the following address within 10(ten) working days.
Addis Ababa – Ethiopia, Street to Gerji Jackros around Meta Beer Warehouse 350m
on the way to Egziabherab Church in front of mega printing press
For additional information please call us Tel:
+251911515694 or +251911225238 or +2511 667 04 99