OWDA is non-governmental humanitarian organization operational in Ethiopia since 1999. We focus on improving the living conditions of the people affected by natural and manmade disasters particularly those in the pastoral and agro pastoral areas. We work with local communities to come up with solution to their problems and support build their resilience. We mainly work on areas of WASH, Health, education, environmental protection, women empowerment and civic engagement.
The monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning officer will be responsible to provide essential support to the program team to deliver quality work. The incumbent will have the responsibility of monitoring, supervising, evaluating and documenting best practices of the projects in Doolo area. The MEAL officer will be in charge of planning, implementing, documenting, analyzing and reporting projects’ MEAL activities and ensuring overall quality of the projects in Doolo area.
Duration: one year with possible extension
- Prepare MEAL plan for the projects
- Develop system for tracking projects progress
- Oversee implementation process and recommend corrective action whenever necessary
- Revise the log-frame and indicators of projects when required.
- Conduct regular monitoring of the ongoing program activities
- Prepare monitoring reports and disseminate
- Regularly collect projects’ data and analyze it
- Prepare projects compliant and feedback handing mechanism
- Ensure that projects reports are prepared as per the projects’ standard and best quality
- Share the reports with the relevant partners
- Coordinate projects evaluation missions
- Provide MEAL training to the program team
Job requirement and qualifications
- BA/BSc in social science, statistic, development studies or related fields
- Have minimum of three years of experience in monitoring and evaluation preferably working in NGOs
- Good understanding of the cultural context and working environment
- Familiar with project cycle management and its different phases
- Good in analytical thinking
- Proactivity, creativity, initiative, and enthusiasm
- Good interpersonal communication
- Strong oral and written communication in English and Somali.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria can send their CV and cover letter to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline
Those who prefer to deliver in person can bring copy of their CV and cover letter to OWDA’s Jighiga or Doolo office any working day before the deadline and address their application to the HR department.