Under the guidance of a main teacher to undertake educational activities which assist with the teaching and support of skills and student learning, working with individuals, groups of students and with whole classes for short periods.
SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist students’ academic, personal and social needs by building and maintaining successful relationships with them.
- To assist in planning, preparing materials and assignments for instruction, devising and extending appropriate educational activities. This may include contributing to the development of Individualized education programs and personal, social and emotional support Plans.
- Attend planning meetings and contribute to the short, medium- and long-term planning and preparation of lessons.
- To maintain familiarity with the relevant requirements of the curriculum to assist with the effective teaching concept and skills.
- To support in maintaining students’ interest by assisting in providing range of supporting techniques to the learning tasks and curriculum content.
- To contribute to educational activities by ensuring that specific guidelines are followed whilst promoting independent learning to support the children’s understanding.
- To follow teacher’s expectations with consistent monitoring of students’ behavior
- To efficiently prepare, maintain and use appropriate classroom and/or Lab/Music teaching materials and equipment, including organizing the use of audio/visual and ICT equipment, and chemicals are prepared for practical lessons, bearing in mind the efficient usage of school resources.
- To deliver learning activities to individual and groups of students, and on occasion to the whole class in the absence of the main teacher with minimal interruption and behavioral expectations. The learning could be delivered in classroom, at lab, at gym and or at field according to the assignment of the EA.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues as part of a professional team, which may include the main teacher, the SST teacher and other Education Assistants;
- To maintain confidentiality always in respect of school-related matters and to prevent
- disclosure of confidential or sensitive information.
- To work always within the school’s policies and procedures.
- To undertake tasks of a similar nature and level, as directed by the assigned teacher.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BA in Education or Sport Education for PE EA
- BA in Music specialized in piano for Music EA, Preferably master’s degree in education for both positions
- Eight years working in teaching and learning system out of which at least five years in a classroom setup where s/he has experience of working with children.
- For both EA’s – working with children who require extra support is advantageous.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability and willingness to follow direction of the main teacher and make suggestions to support student learning.
- Have the experience in following teacher’s expectations with consistent monitoring of student behavior.
- Able to modify and change in lessons and activities per the guidance of the main teacher.
- Have the skill to support students with emotional or behavioral problems and helps develop their social skills.
- Abele to build good relationship with children, teachers and parents
- Be a proactive problem solver in addressing student needs and teacher expectations.
- Frequently considers the 4 PLC questions in class and in collaborative time.
- Forward planning and the ability to use own initiative by always putting students’ needs first.
- Excellent technical knowledge and good IT skills.
- Must have clear communication (both in speech and writing) with the ability to be positive and assertive when necessary.
- Knowledge and experience of safe working practices.
- Willingness to work with laboratory chemicals and other equipment’s in or outside the classroom to support student learning.
- A positive approach to working with children and the ability to motivate, inspire and build rapport
- Must be flexible, open minded and ready to learn.
- Willingness to attend all professional development offered by the school.
How to Apply
Interested staff members fulfilling the minimum requirements are invited to send their applications to email@example.com or hand delivered until Friday 30 July 2021.
Note: copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters should not be included with your application. You will provide the documents upon request.
Child Protection – Safe Recruitment Practices
As part of our recruitment practices at our school, employees are required to possess and validate appropriate qualifications for all positions. For all potential hires, we communicate directly with previous references to ensure due diligence within the recruitment process. Once at school, ICS has a professional code of conduct, including Child Protection training reviewed with employees and signed annually.