Amref Health Africa, headquartered in Kenya, is the largest Africa based international non-governmental organization (NGO) currently running programs in over 35 countries in Africa with lessons learnt over 60 years of engagement with governments, communities and partners to increase sustainable health access in Africa. Amref Health Africa also incorporates programme development, fundraising, partnership, advocacy, monitoring and evaluation, and has offices in Europe and North America as well as subsidiaries; Amref Flying Doctors, Amref Enterprises and the Amref International University. Amref Health Africa has been active in Ethiopia since the 1960s and became fully operational as an international NGO in 2002.
We are currently seeking a consultant firm to conduct Operational Research for it’s RESET Plus project.
Objectives of the survey
The main objective of this study is to explore the effect of voluntary Family planning utilization in contributing to resilience: household risk of food security.
· To measure how voluntary FP contributes to women’s adaptive capacity and their ability to reduce their individual and household’s risk of food security
· To determine practices (including challenges, and effectiveness) of FP mainstreaming as multi-sector coordination
· Based on the findings in the aforementioned objective to provide an approaches that will be used for any actors working on FP
The potential consultancy firm is required to meet the following minimum requirements in order to qualify for the submission of proposal.
· The consulting firm should have minimum of 5 years of proven and strong research experience in areas of resilience in general and FP and food security in particular. The consultant should also have experience of developing models related to multi-sector coordination.
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English; and knowledge of the research sites-RESET plus FP project intervention areas.
· The consultant is expected to bring research team members with excellent knowledge, experience, and gender mix in similar research areas; including experience in managing and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative research data.
· The consultant is expected to hire data collector team members with excellent knowledge of the research agenda, experience, considering gender, familiar with the data collection areas language, and have a minimum of first degree.
- Potential consultants are invited to collect TOR for this Operation Research free of charge from our office or through one of the below email address until September 23, 2020 and can submit the proposal till September 24, 2020.
- You can submit your technical proposal through email of Eyerusalem.Ketema@Amref.org and if you are qualified you will be invited to submit your Financial proposal after the evaluation of the technical proposal.
Our address is
Amref Health Africa, Ethiopia office
Behind Bole Medhanialem Church
Near to Abyssinia Building
P.O.Box 20855, Code 1000
How to Apply