Mahibere Hiwot for Social Development (MSD), an Ethiopian Resident Charity Organization, was founded in 1999 by few volunteer youth who were concerned and hence aspired to contribute their part in the national effort to combat the spread of the HIV epidemic. Given its beginning, a major focus of MSD’s work has been in Health, Education, Livelihood, Migration, Child Trafficking and Environment. MSD is looking for qualified and competent applicants for the above position
Report to: Project Coordinator
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
Under the supervision and technical support of the project coordinator the OVC Services Specialist is responsible to provide overall technical and supervisory support to the Family focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services project service providers/Nurses. He/she plays a facilitation role in overall OVC services provision to the beneficiaries in the community and the facility. S/he will monitor Family Focused Prevention, Care and Treatment Services efforts and responses of the community. S/he connects the various community and facility actors involved in Family focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services programming and services, such as efforts of schools and health facilities within the project intervention area. He/she is also responsible in capacity building of all the project staffs and other actors from the community in relation to Family focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services. He/she is also responsible to enforce project service providers to exercise real time OVC service commcare data entry in collaboration with the M&E team.
Specific Function and Responsibilities
- He/ She will be responsible for facilitating linkages between Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services, the HUB health facilities and the community principal project stakeholders
- He/ She will be responsible to coordinate and monitor the OVC services ( case management, primary prevention, ES, OVC & care givers HIV Testing, referral and linkage, HIV treatment, adherence, viral load monitoring, HIV disclosure, reduction of stigma & disclosure etc.)
- He/ She will be responsible to organize and deliver training in the field of OVC service to project nurse. Provide on job trainings for and supervisions
- He/ She will be responsible in analysis, documentation, advocacy and resource mobilization in the areas of OVC programming
- He/ She will be responsible to have well-developed communication skills to liaise, negotiate and advocate with key stakeholders including with other community based organizations and implementing agencies
- He/ She will work with health facilities to facilitate identification of target beneficiaries, ensure bi directional referrals
- He/ She is responsible to orient health facility staff on the project’s eligibility criteria so they can refer children who meet the eligibility criteria to the HF-Community linkage
- He/she will be responsible to facilitate health and social services referrals and linkages to services based on a beneficiary’s identified needs, and follow up to ensure receipt of service(s).
- Participate and represent OVC Program in HIV/AIDS and Health related meetings, as well as other relevant woreda level forums such as TWG, OTA, etc..
- He/she will be responsible to support project service providers to establish QI team to maintain service and data quality and monitor the routine QI meetings
- He/she is also responsible to enforce project service providers to exercise real time OVC service commcare data entry in collaboration with the M&E team.
- He/she is responsible to undertake any assignment and/or responsibility provided by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Minimum of Degree or Masters in Health, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or related fields.
- At least 5 years for Degree and 3 years for Masters relevant experience
- OVC service experience is very advantageous
- Proven coaching, mentoring and technical assistance experience, particularly in OVC and HIV/AIDS and related projects.
- Advanced technical skills relevant to programming for PLHIV, OVC and other vulnerable groups and others.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with all actors in the implementation sites.
- Good interpersonal communication skill and ability to effectively liaise with staff, government and other stakeholders.
- A strong team player and proven ability to influence effective team performance.
- Demonstrated analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks, think creatively and strategically.
How to Apply
Applicants can send their CV which is not more than 3 pages through firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of their job title.
Can submit CV with credentials to MSD head office Telephone 0118-69-94-19/ 0919-84-61-20 Yeka Sub city Signal to Shola Road around Wegagen Bank.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply .The deadline for application is 7 working days of this advertisement.