Under general supervision of the MCH Specialty Centre Manager, decides on the need of resuscitation for neo-natal, prescribes procedures and medicine to ensure the health of babies; provides advice to parents on healthy development and care of new-borns; performs diagnosis on children and performs her/his duties in accordance with accepted standard medical practices and professional code of conduct.
- Examines patients/clients in line with standard medical procedures using various types of diagnostic mechanisms;
- Administers and prescribes drugs based on analysis of examination, test reports and findings and counselling services;
- Performs new born resuscitation, essential new born care, care of new born or child with problem(s) and other procedures;
- Puts the interest of clients / patients above all other considerations and ensures the confidentiality of all cases;
- Ensures the maintenance of a high level standard consistent with available resources.
- Prepares and submits reports, as deemed necessary;
- Participates in training programmes providing clinical updates for health staff;
- Initiates or collaborates in research undertakings;
- Provides specialist advice to the Centre Manager to ensure quality improvement in new born and child care;
- Performs related tasks as required.
MD with Specialization in Pediatrics
Two years of relevant experience
Skill attitudes and Attributes
- Awareness of MOH and donors guidelines
- Conscious of government, MSI and MSIE regulations
- Appreciation of the concepts and model of counselling
- Skill in communications and patient handling
- Customer service oriented
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: Bahirdar MCH
Employment Type: full time
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!