St. Gabriel General Hospital was established in September 1996 and is the first private hospital of its kind in Ethiopia. St. Gabriel General Hospital has paved the way and continues to provide access to healthcare to both the local and international community’s here in Addis. Over the past 25 years, the hospital has served over 300,000 patients in both Outpatient and Inpatient departments
The Pediatric Department Head Nurse will discuss a child’s symptoms and medical history, provide initial care, administer prescribed medication, and monitor the patient’s progress. The Pediatric Nurse will also provide support to families and work with them to address their concerns, fears, problems, and options.
Pediatric Department Head Nurse Responsibilities:
- Working with children and asking questions about their health for diagnosis and documenting patients’ symptoms and medical history for the doctor.
- Assessing a child’s needs and providing initial care.
- Identifying changes in children’s symptoms and intervening in emergency situations.
- Participating in pain management for children.
- Administering medications, drawing blood, and giving childhood vaccinations following age-appropriate guidelines.
- Monitoring temperature, pulse, breathing, and blood pressure and keeping accurate records.
- Evaluating children for signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Dealing with the anxieties and demands of parents, and helping families to deal with their child’s illness or injury.
- Remaining up to date on the latest developments, rules and regulations, drug therapies, equipment, and treatment procedures.
- Pediatric Department Head Nurse Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Nursing.
- At least 5 years Experience in the same area or in the same department.
- Must Have EPI Certificate.
- Good communication skills.
- Emotional and mental strength, dedication, and self-motivation.
- Empathy and the ability to relate to children.
How to Apply
– All interested and qualified candidates should send their up-to-date Curriculum Vitae through email address firstname.lastname@example.org or they can apply in person directly to our hospital office No. 112 within 7 working days.
Note that you have to mention the position that you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
– Addis Ababa, Bole sub city, Woreda 04
22 Mazoria on the way to Bole Medhaniyalem Church in front of Awraris Hotel.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted