Is responsible of ensuring that MSF is a Responsible employer in the mission, supports proper management of HR across the board and assumes full responsibility of all Administrative and legal issues in the Mission.
Duration of employment: 3 (three) months contract with possible extension
• Know labour legislation in force in mission country; keep her/himself informed of any amendment made in labour legislation by regularly checking legislation sources and/or regularly meeting with lawyer, other local authorities at this level;
• Know all MSF policies, procedures, tools, standards and principles regarding all staff’ (national, international, regional, etc.) working conditions, benefits and remuneration, job profiles and function grids, health coverage, etc., adapts them to the Mission reality and ensures an equitable, efficient, transparent, fair and accountable implementation by all relevant staff throughout the Mission.
• Is responsible for the proper implementation and follow up of internal regulations and terms of employment contracts of all national staff, ensuring that all staff is employed in the frame of fair labour conditions, and according to local legislation, MSF HR vision, values and principles.
• In close collaboration with HRCo, ensures regular administrative meetings with all staff throughout the mission take place in order to ensure they are aware and respect their rights and duties and to inform them of any change in Labour legislation and general employment framework which may affect them (i.e. legal amendments, changes in local practices, new HR-Admin policies or procedures, amendments to Internal Regulations, etc.).
• Is responsible to ensure that all functions and job profiles at Mission level meet with the Mission’s function grid approved by HQ and are aligned with MSF Standard Job Profiles and Function Grid, and that any new function or amendment to an existing one (including significant changes in responsibilities and/or mixing existing functions) are requested in advance to HRCo and HRO/REHUCO for previous validation by HQ. Identifies deviations and shares them with HRCo in order to draw an action plan in case corrections are needed/convenient.
• Is responsible to ensure that National Staff remuneration (salary, post adjustments, compensations, final settlements, etc,) and benefits (holidays, leaves, social coverage, health coverage, etc.) meet with the Mission’s salary grid validated by HQ, Internal Regulations and HR policies, ensuring MSF acts as a responsible employer at any time.
• In close coordination with the Financial Coordinator, ensures fulfillment of national legislation regarding employees’ taxes and social security at Mission level, checks that monthly declaration forms for taxes and employee/employer social security contributions are correct and sends them to the Financial Department.
• Informs HRCo in case a legal risk is detected within her/his area of responsibilities and suggests actions to take in order to prevent it. Follows up employees’ claims and keeps HRCo informed at any time.
• Ensure that MSF, as an employer, as well as all MSF employees comply with safety and risk prevention measures as stated by local legislation and/or MSF standard policies and procedures.
• Ensure an efficient filing system (physical and electronic files) of all administrative files at Mission level, granting strict confidentiality of employees’ personal files and other administrative private documents upon request of HRCo, and ensuring preparedness in case of evacuation.
• Upon request of the HRCo, maintain regular contact with ministries, national administrations, other MSF sections and other NGOs to improve/keep up to date with administrative practices.
• Knows Homère in depth and ensures a proper parameterization, use of the system and quality of data throughout the Mission, being her/himself the Missions’ technical reference in absence of a person specifically in charge of the system.
Ensure, in close collaboration with HRCo and Logistics department, that all international and internal movements in the Mission are properly managed (visas, tickets, per diem when necessary, dates of arrival/departure, etc.), and ensures proper accommodation conditions (i.e. room, food, etc.) by informing all relevant people/departments.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
OCB left Ethiopia in 2013 and is in the process of reinstallation. Early 2021, the registration process has started and, for the time being, OCB operates under the OCBA umbrella. As any new mission, all is to be set-up: facilities, team, procedures, importation process, networking, security analysis, etc…
As a start, a first project has been opened in SNNP Region (see below project context) until the registration is completed but further needs could be identified within the coming periods. Therefore, the opening of other project(s) could be soon a reality.
Due to the context, the SNNP Region has recently experienced an increased displacement of people and the outbreaks of several diseases and therefore an increase on medical need.
MSF is currently running medical and logistics activities in Konso zone, Alle Special Woreda, Derashe Special Woreda, Amaro Special Woreda and Burji Special Woreda. MSF Oficces are located in Karat Town. However, MSF will adapt its strategy and activities according to the needs. For this reason the MSF team needs to be flexible and may have to work in others places that the ones mentionned above
MSF is an independent, neutral and impartial organisation that is providing quality medical care free of charge regardeless the ethnic origin of our patients, so to both local and refugee population.
We ensure that our staff is aware and respect the cultural differences of our patients and colleagues.
|Education||Degree in administration related studies.|
|Working experience of at least two years in administration|
|Mandatory: Excellent command of both English and Amharic|
|Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)|
|Competencies||• People Management and Development L2
• Commitment to MSF principles L2
• Behavioral Flexibility L3
• Results and Quality Orientation L3
• Teamwork and Cooperation L3
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, a cover letter, educational records, work certificates and a copy of national ID.
Application can be submitted/ sent:
– by email: MSFOCBemail@example.com (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
Posting date: 09/04/2021
Closing date: 21/04/2021
MSF Belgium promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed