Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
• Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
• Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
• Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
• Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
• Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
• Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
• Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Due to the context, the SNNP Region has recently experienced an increased displacement of people and the outbreaks of several diseases and therefore an increase on medical need.
MSF is currently running medical and logistics activities in Konso zone, Alle Special Woreda, Derashe Special Woreda, Amaro Special Woreda and Burji Special Woreda. MSF Oficces are located in Karat Town. However, MSF will adapt its strategy and activities according to the needs. For this reason the MSF team needs to be flexible and may have to work in others places that the ones mentionned above.
Our medical teams works in close collaboration with the MOH staff in each health center or primary hospital. Due to the start up of activities our medical team is still limited and job flexibility is required. Your support can be asked during medical activities in the community and to support the medical team with encoding general medical data.
The Pharmacy Supervisor must be able to work under pressure and be flexible in their work, in order to adapt to the demanding circumstances of the context and the position itself.
|Education||Mandatory: degree of Pharmacy Management and Pharmacy License.|
|Experience||Mandatory: At least 1-year certified work experience as a pharmacy manager
Desirable: previous work experience in MSF or any other NGO
Desirable: Nursing degree
|Languages||Mandatory: good command of both Amharic and English|
|Knowledge||Mandatory: computer literacy (word, excel and internet)|
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation L2
• Teamwork and Cooperation L2
• Behavioural Flexibility L2
• Commitment to MSF Principles L2
• Stress Management L3
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, a cover letter, educational records, work certificates and a copy of national ID.
Application can be submitted/ sent:
– by email: to MSFOCBfirstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
Posting date: 01/04/2021
Closing date: 10/04/2021
MSF Spain promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.