Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Position Type: Full time
Reports to: Finance & Operations Director
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with frequent travel to the field
Application Deadline: December 4, 2020
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
JSI is implementing the five-year Digital Health Activity (DHA) in Ethiopia, which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of this Activity is to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health services and create a sustainable health care system through the use of data for decision making, as well as to provide similar services to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia (as needed). The primary objectives of the Activity are to 1) support information technology systems and data repository at all levels; 2) build a culture of data use; and 3) improve capacity and governance of MOH health information systems management.
We are looking for Procurement and Logistics Manager who will be responsible for ensuring the overall quality, efficiency and proactive administrative and logistical support services in the key areas of procurement of goods and services as per JSI’s Digital Health Activity (DHA) policies and procedures and in accordance with relevant Ethiopian government policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop annual procurement plan and act accordingly.
- Receive and review Purchase Request (PR) in accordance with the plan and budget.
- Ensure purchase requests (PR’s) are adequately specific and complete.
- Advise staff on specifications, prices, availability and other procurement matters.
- Ensure detailed understanding and application of the appropriate policy and procedure is followed in solicitation and receipt of quotation and all steps of procurement process.
- Ensure the preparation, compilation and reviewing of bid documents, and assist in the selection process.
- Ensure the distribution of RFQs (Request for Quotations) to vendors.
- Check quality and availability of requested items and ensure the collection of proforma accordingly.
- Ensure the preparation of bid announcements and follows-up activities.
- Ensure delivery of PO’s (purchase orders) for collection of goods.
- Inspect purchased items against specification and/or samples.
- Work with Finance unit to process payment of all invoices received from vendor.
- Ensure Good Receiving Note (GRN) for goods delivered to store are obtained at all time.
- Ensure purchase orders are issued for approval and ensure items are purchased as per the PR (purchase request) and specification.
- Maintain an up-to-date vendor list of classified suppliers (e.g. stationary, hardware, tools, furniture, equipment etc.) and make it available upon request.
- Ensure all stock items in the store are recorded in the store’s ledger.
- Develop, update, and maintain stock and fixed asset database to reflect stock/inventory movement and related details of each item.
- Ensure that the storekeeper receives all items purchased, consigned, returned, transferred from site and acknowledges receipt through completion of GRN.
- Ensure that status on all inventories is well supported by relevant documentation.
- On receipt of an authorized request, coordinate issue/dispatch of items to/from the store to respective sites and units in a timely manner.
- Maintain inventory of furniture, fittings, equipment, etc. for both the head office and sites.
- Ensure vehicles service requisition are received and processed.
- Instructs drivers to check vehicle and fill out travel sheet before going on trips.
- Authorizes replenishment of fuel, oil, lubricants and other supplies.
- Ensure all vehicles are roadworthy and equipped with emergency supplies e.g Spare parts, suitable tire changing tools, fire extinguishers etc.
- Ensure vehicle and driver deployment is performed efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure a proper preventative maintenance plan for servicing and maintenance of vehicles and ensure service is done properly and in a timely manner.
- Monitor fuel consumption across all vehicles.
- Follow up and ensure the provision of monthly report of vehicle usage report.
- Ensure accidents are reported immediately and take appropriate action timely.
- Ensure all vehicles are inspected on time.
- Ensure the processing of plates for new vehicles and arranges insurance and annual inspections.
- Ensure vehicle status reports are submitted periodically.
- Maintain continuous dialogue with the requesting parties and finance staff to foster smooth communication and efficient service with regards to procurement and logistics related activities.
- Supervises staffs who work within her/his team.
- Responsible for implementing JSI’s Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI’s polices on fraud management.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
- BA Degree in Procurement & Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Management, or related field with minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills and excellent ability to move freely between Amharic and English.
- Experience working with health and development programs in the area of procurement and logistics management.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID projects and or other international NGOs.
- Experience in managing multiple tasks under complex situation.
- Experience in managing multiple staff under her/his direct supervision.
- Basic computer skill in; word, excel, email, access and related software required.
- Independent professional to contribute to the overall goal of the organization.
- Managing all relationships inside DHA and with its partners constructively.
- Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D.
How to Apply
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should follow the below instruction and apply through the online application form no later than December 4, 2020.
- Fill out the online application form using this form: Online Application Form. If you don’t fill the online application form, your application will not be considered.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- You must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If this is not included, your application will not be considered.
- Any application received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Application deadline: December 4, 2020.