JOB TITLE: Procurement Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of Corporate Services
REPORTING TO POSTHOLDER: Procurement and Admin Officer
LOCATION: Addis Ababa
DURATION & HOURS: Fixed term contract with 60 working days probation
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Procurement Manager is responsible in providing leadership, strategic direction for the procurement unit within the country according support to the programmes in line with procurement principles, policies and global standards practices while taking care of the local rules/laws and organization needs in line with the Country’s Strategy.
The Procurement Manager will have an oversight of all the procurement function of the Country operations. S/he will ensure that the overall quarterly & annual plan of the programs are adequately supported by developing systematic ways of handling the function and managing all the contracts for procurement, suppliers and services, market assessments and analysis.
In addition the Procurement Manager ensures that the management of procurement activities, procurement policies and nest practices are adhered to in all aspects of procurement implementation. S/he oversees the procurement solicitations and sourcing procedures, cost and selection analysis, reviewing vendor payment requests, monitoring awarded performance and maintaining procurement procedures, working closely with to other functional departments (Finance and Logistics departments) of the Corporate Services Divisions and programs.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Procurement Management
- Ensure the smooth and effective functioning of the procurement function in the country office as well as in the project sites, building the capacity of the pertinent staff members to ensure that procurement processes are conducted in compliance with the Farm Africa and Government of Ethiopia policies and procedures
- Oversight of key reforms and reviews to improve the procurement procedure in the country programme
- Conduct regular market surveys in key procurement categories to ensure that FA is receiving best value for money
- Prepare and manage contract/tender processes in line with the requirements of the Farm Africa procurement guidelines;
- Engage with the programmes teams on the development of a detail procurement plan i.e. quarterly in collaboration with finance and procurement staff on implementation and reporting of procurement progress.
- Manage suppliers effectively to ensure timely delivery of goods or services
- Develop & maintain supplier database for easier turn around which will adequately serve the needs of the country programmes at all levels e.g. national or regional level.
- Develop & review the country procurement policies and procedures in compliance with Farm Africa standards
- Advice on the various procurement rules and regulations and ensure compliance at all times
- Manage and mitigate risk in the procurement function i.e. bribery, fraud and corruption
- Prepare a monthly procurement analysis report, following up on the raising issues and take corrective actions
- Ensure the Conflict of Interest Policy is upheld throughout all processes of procurement
- Effectively line manage the Procurement & Administrative Officer, developing a high-performance team spirit that contributes to the Farm Africa strategy by offering high quality support to the country office and the projects
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with other team members such as finance, programme and other partners and stakeholders that work with Farm Africa.
- These essential functions are not to be interpreted as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
Education, qualifications & other knowledge
|Bachelors or postgraduate qualification in Procurement, Supply Chain Management/ Business Administration / Accounting / Marketing or a related field.||Specialized training in procurement|
|Fluent written and spoken English language|
|A sound understanding of administration procedures||Knowledge of procurement rules of major funding organizations (EU, USAID, the World Bank, DFID, etc)|
|Good understanding and firm belief in gender equality|
|Good understanding of development programs|
|Minimum of ten years of procurement experience at the National or International level.||Relevant experience in NGOs or Humanitarian Agencies involving complex bidding of high value good and services, Consultancy and Works is desirable.|
|Demonstrable team experience|
|Proven professional integrity and all the necessary ethical behaviors in the implementation of the procurement assignments|
Skills & abilities
|Excellent interpersonal skills, combined with a flexible and adaptable attitude of good teamwork and communication skills||Strong client service orientation and displaying a good –natured cooperative attitude with internal & external clients|
|Excellent report writing and good command of both spoken and written English, Amharic|
|Ability to work flexibly and adapt to different styles of working environments|
|Excellent interpersonal skills|
|Willing to work in stressful conditions|
|Ability to work independently|
Investing in smallholder farming is the number one way to combat poverty in rural Africa. Farm Africa is a leading NGO specialising in growing agriculture, protecting the environment and developing businesses in rural Africa.
EXPERT: Expertise and insightful evidence-based solutions are at the heart of everything Farm Africa does.
GROUNDED: Our teams and partners work closely with local communities, engaging them in every level of decision-making.
IMPACTFUL: We deliver long lasting change for farmers, their families, and the environments they live in.
BOLD: We model innovative approaches and are not afraid to challenge strategies that are failing.
How to Apply
Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CV (maximum of 4 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) addressing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Procurement Manager by 12 September 2021. We will conduct the screening as we receive the applications.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Farm Africa is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Farm Africa does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (E.g. Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).