Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #136/2020
The African Union (AU), established as a unique Pan African continental body, was charged with the responsibility to coordinate and provide overall guidance for the negotiations on the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA). The AfCFTA entered into force on May 30, 2019 and implementation is set to start in January 2021. The AfCFTA procurement professional works in the Service Unit “Procurement” of the GIZ African Union (AU) Office, responsible for procurement related matters of the GIZ Project on the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).
For further information see GIZ African Union
Position: Procurement Officer
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Required Candidate: One
Application deadline: October 26, 2020
Responsibilities and tasks
· Handles local, regional and international procurement of goods & services above 2.500 EUR, including tender procedures, according to GIZ guidelines
· Collects up-to-date information from country offices and headquarters on procurement procedures and forms
· Advises projects/programs on procurement planning procedures and requested documentation/ forms.
· Provides a first quality check for completeness of submitted documentation by program(s).
· Closely liaises with GIZ country offices and HQ for contract conclusion
· Keeps database on regional/international suppliers / consultants and conducts regular search for alternatives.
· Checks suppliers’ / consultants’ invoices, delivery notes and other papers and submits them for signature to the requesting project/program.
· Files documents with completed transactions and ensures completeness of procurement / contract files.
· Closely liaises with Service Unit Events&Travel for event related procurement and Service Unit Finance Management for contract payments and budgeting
· Supports the professionalisation of the GIZ AU Service Unit Procurement
· Assists in and/or carries out other activities and tasks as assigned
· Closely liaises with the finance managers of the AfCFTA programme
Required qualifications, competences and experience
· Bachelor degree in accounting, public administration or related field
· At least 5 years of professional working experience in a similar position
· Excellent knowledge of procurement procedures and contract management
Other knowledge, additional competences
· Excellent command of MS-Office
· Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, e-mail, internet and its software)
· Excellent English spoken and written, French and/or German language skills is an advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: email@example.com
Note: – Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Procurement Officer #136/2020 in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.