The Procurement Supervisor provides business & Procurement organization knowledge & technical expertise to the BU Procurement team members. Responsible for proper implementation of Procurement policy, processes, and category strategy. Own local procurement results and act as the link between Central Procurement Function category teams and the local business unit leaders (ensure local business need and market analysis are reflected in procurement strategies and own the delivery of those strategies to the company).
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analysis and action plans that lead to P2P Processes KPI improvements (PR2PO, Open PO, Delivery on Time…), Category Strategy deployment (Productivity, Cash Flow….), and Compliance adherence.
- Approve PO according to Delegation of Authority (DOA).
- Business reviews within the team and with business users and suppliers.
- Analyses sites’ results (including business users feedback and requests) and causes of different issues, together with the team members (procurement buyers).
- Performs the gap analysis for the scorecard measures;
- Defines improvement plans and recommends potential solutions to issues, together with the team members and aligns them with business users.
- Coordinates (implements and follow up on), at team level, the execution of improvement plans and/or department initiatives.
- Ensures regular tracking of results.
- Performs business reviews, in collaboration with the team, on a needed basis.
- Monitors the workload balance within the team and, if necessary, proposes adjustments to the BU Head and Group Head of Procurement.
- Supports successful new scope transition.
- Coordinates the back-up system within the team.
- Builds expertise in country specifics (business users, suppliers, payment terms, freight, legal requirements, tax, etc.) and documents them, with team members’ help.
- Facilitates the deployment of best practices within the team.
- Supplier management and performance improvement with local suppliers.
- Supports the team members, on a needed basis, in their regular calls with their suppliers.
- Ensure Internal Control and Compliance requirements are known and respected.
- Local Procurement team management and personal development.
- Facilitate work of Central Procurement Function Category teams and BU, by providing local market knowledge and clearly define business needs, and own successful implementation of central category strategy within his BU.
Procurement Policy & Processes
- Approve Purchase Orders according to DOA and ensure adhering to Procurement Policy and Procedures.
- Work with Central Category Procurement teams and/or Local Procurement Team as well as Suppliers to get correct pricing, lead times, etc.
- Manage Supplier Interface issues appropriately with the Central Procurement Function Category teams and/or Local Procurement Team as well as Accounts Payable.
- Track and Improve Supplier Performance and develop improvement action plan.
- Change Purchase Orders per revised Buying Requisition / Order Confirmations
- Ensure blocked invoice resolution on time and facilitate work between procurement, business key users and finance to resolve price and good receipt variances.
- Support Business and Finance to ensure Payment on Time (POT).
- Support resolution of claims, credits, returns, and exchanges as per the work plan and credit claims procedure.
Vendor Master Data:
- Own BU Approved Supplier List and obtain approvals from Central Procurement Function Category teams for addition or deletion of suppliers.
Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by management
- Must be registered with the procurement regulatory body in country.
Contacts arising from the Job:
- Internal: Business Key Users, Storeroom/Warehouse, Finance, and Functional Business leaders
- Group: Central Procurement Function Category team
- External:. Suppliers and Service Providers
- First degree from a reputable University in Procurement and Supplies Management
5 years relevant working experience
- High level understanding of management, financial and business practices
- High level of Information Technology and Computing
- Strategic awareness
- Must be a team person with a responsible approach and with ability to liaise with personnel at all levels
- Good IT skills with advanced skills in Procurement systems (ex Axapta and Ecoda)
- Accurate employee giving attention to detail.
- Good negotiation and high communication skills
- Able to use initiative, knowledge and experience to look at improving processes
Education, Experience, & Skills:
General Business Skills & Knowledge
- Strong leadership skills (understand where we’re headed, engage key stakeholders and energize local team to get there).
- Written and verbal communication & presentation skills.
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Understands the Company’s organizational structures and how it operates to be able to either perform required follow-up steps or provide follow-up recommendations to others as needed.
- Has an excellent understanding of Procurement Cycle, Policies, and Procedures.
- Knows well internal control and compliance principles.
- Knows difference between the types of procurement spend categories as capital, corporate services, IT, etc.
- Differentiates knowledgeably between “operating principles/guidelines” and “policy/rules.”
- DOA/DA knowledge and use.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop and implement RFI/RFP process and bids.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills on financial data including P&L.
- Ability to draw upon local and regional/global networks to obtain knowledge and insights that can create value through alternate procurement strategy and solutions.
- Understands and applies Company Policies: (Conflict of Interest, Gift & Entertainment, Ethical Treatment of Suppliers, Security, Competitive information Collection, Delegation of Authority, Legal Guidelines).
- Protects sensitive information so that suppliers don’t use for their industry benchmarking efforts.
- Stays up to date on latest policy revisions, interpretations.
Communication & Interpersonal skills
- Strong reasoning skills.
- Practices active listening skills.
- High personal integrity.
- Customer Service oriented.
- Practices principles in giving and receiving feedback.
- Learn & apply new information quickly; Anticipate problems before they occur; Take a broad view; find meaningful connections; use logic and intuition to define problems/solutions.
Project management skills
- Demonstrates ability to deliver results within scope of responsibilities.
- Meets deadlines.
- High degree of autonomy; works with limited supervision.
- Results and solutions oriented.
- Ownership of the team’s results.
- Persuasive – able to sell an idea to team, management, customer, supplier.
- Open minded.
- Able to act as a role model.
How to Apply
interested and qualified applicant should apply by sending your CV to the email below
Please mention the position title on your email subject line.