To assist Addis based CHILD-SFP team by providing Procurement and logistics related support; follow-up and support award, finance & administrative related tasks of the project.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Procurement and logistics related:
· In coordination with the supply chain department of SCI, the officer will coordinate the procurement of food, supplies, equipment, materials, services, and commodities from suppliers through new contracts, competitive bids or existing contracts.
· He/she works on forecast all food and related item needs; establish ordering and shipping timelines; coordinate, shipping and delivery.
· Closely work with the regional team of CHILD-SFP to monitor and maintain stock levels of warehouse food, equipment, and supply items; Initiate purchasing processes to replenish and maintain warehouse
· Coordinate the researching and evaluating suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability,
· Work with SCI supply chain department to review procurement documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with SCI supply chain department standards;
· Support and follow activities related to award management
· Follow up monthly budgets utilization, BVA in project regions and update the team.
· Represent the project in internal functional coordination meetings with particular focus to award, procurement and logistics matters
· Liaison with relevant budget holders and departments of the CO in following up and expediting the execution of program and operation related activities of the project and its field offices
· Support the MEAL manager in matters related to follow-up and collection of reports from regional offices and partner
· Assist the MEAL manager in archiving program data in an organized manner
· Follow the production, quality and distribution of reports and other publications to target audiences
· Coordinate field travel and logistics during research and evaluation works including the recruitment of data collectors
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for his/her self, takes responsibility for his or her own development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares her/his personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with her/his team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
· Bachelor degree in an area of social development or equivalent
· Recommended a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an NGO environment handling program operations activities
· Strong organizational, electronic information management and presentation skills and experience.
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
· Good cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
· Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Commitment to Save the Children values
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Addis Ababa This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at http://www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the below link: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl