Established in 2009, UNOPS Ethiopia Office has been providing services to various partners, including the government of Ethiopia, UN agencies such as WHO, UNHCR and WFP, and other international organizations. Since 2014, the UNOPS Ethiopia Multi-country Office (EMCO) runs and coordinates the UNOPS activities in Ethiopia, as well as Sudan and Djibouti. The UNOPS EMCO team is composed of approximately 100 national and international women and men, and offers a broad range of services such as infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial and human resources management.
Reporting to the Programme Management Office Team Leader, the Programme Management Intern will support the Programme Management Office in the context of project and programme management maturity roadmap and contribute to the standardizing and application of tools, systems and processes.
The main functions of the Programme Management Office (PMO) Intern include:
- Provide support to the Programme Management Office Team Leader with the extraction and collection of data from different sources
- Assist in analysis and structuring of data, and compile updates to different users
- Provide support to PMO in setting up regular and ad-hoc meetings; prepare minutes and summaries of actions to be taken, and track progress on planned issues and follow-up with focal points
- Assist with the compilation and distribution of progress reports, lessons learned and best practice; and periodic newsletters
- Support in developing programme management dashboard, updating and administering of the dashboard
- Support in documentation management processes to support better information management.
- Support in the harmonization of Programme Management Office templates and roll out of tools
- Assist in rolling out of capacity building and training plan on programme management
- Support in the design and roll out necessary systems and processes to strengthen programme management
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Project Management, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Information Science, or other related fields.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience.
- Applicants should have graduated from the above stated fields within three (3) years prior to the applications date of the internship.
- Advanced knowledge of computers and office software packages, especially Google Suite is an asset.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.|
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Contract type: Internship
Contract level: N/A
Contract duration: 6 months
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Further, UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.
For more details about UNOPS internships please follow this link:
How to Apply
Interested applicants should use the below link for submitting their applications.