To manage Health, Education & Livelihood Africa: a Sustainable Inclusion Approach (HELASIA) project with timely and high quality implementation. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the quality and impact of HI’s actions, the compliance with technical frameworks/project cycle, monitoring of project quality control indicators.
Under the supervision and with the support of the operational coordinator, the project manager is responsible for the implementation of the project following the different stages of the project cycle, respecting the technical framework and HI quality referential, and s/he takes on all tasks necessary for the successful implementation of the project through partnership and coordination with partners and stockholders.
The PM will be based in Addis Ababa, with at least 40% of the working time will be spent in regular professional travels to projects areas: Addis Ababa City Administration and Gambela region.
1) Ensure the operational management of the project
§ Supervise the implementation of the project following the different stages of the project cycle and technical framework.
§ Coordinate and working closely with national, regional and local partners and relevant authorities.
§ Ensure monitoring of project indicators and develop tools if need ben in collaboration with the MEAL manager.
§ Ensure quality monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual planning of project activities submitted on timely manner.
§ Carry out follow-up and support visits in the project area.
§ Identify the challenges faced during the implementation and sought solutions/ adjustments and document/share with country peers.
§ Write internal and external reports in compliance with the deadlines, donors’ requirements and quality standards.
§ Steer project experiences capitalization efforts (e.g. collection of testimonies, sharing good practices).
§ Facilitate collaboration and synergies (resources planning and pooling) with other HI project teams.
§ Ensure coordination between FENAPD, the project team and technical advisors through support requests and regular meetings depending on the needs, to guarantee the quality of the interventions.
§ Organize and guide the external monitoring/evaluation process and ensure recommendations are followed-up.
2) Guarantee the quality of partnerships and external coordination of the project
§ Inform and exchange regularly with project partner (FENAPED) on the project’s progress, challenges encountered and possible solutions.
§ Represent the project before external, local and/or national partners.
§ Represent HI in the different coordination platforms (national, regional, etc).
§ Contribute to the capacity-building of our partners (FENAPD) depending on the identified needs and planned activities in the project framework.
3) Ensure the administrative and financial management of the project
§ Be responsible of the project’s budget monitoring and management.
§ Establish an annual budget planning and monthly forecast cash flows.
§ Ensure a regular follow-up of expenses, analyze gaps, anticipate evolution and propose budgetary adjustments on timely manner.
§ Ensure respect of HI and donors’ financial procedures (eligibility and flexibility rules).
§ Support the financial officer in the preparation of finance reports, if necessary.
§ Ensure respect of purchasing procedures (logistics) strictly followed.
4) Manage and accompany the project team
§ Ensure continuous support and supervision of the project team.
§ Ensure elaboration and evaluation of the project team’s individual objectives.
§ Participate in the recruitment of new team members if necessary, respecting HI procedures and standards.
§ Contribute to the reinforcement of team members’ skills in the objective of transferring knowledge and competences.
§ Ensure good communication and information coordination between team member and with other services (Finance, Log, HR).
§ Plan team’s activities on a monthly and quarterly basis.
5) Provide technical support to HI teams in his/her field of competence
§ Support project teams intervening in the field of inclusive sexual and reproductive health, education and livelihoods on technical questions (definition of indicators, elaboration of training plans, etc.).
§ Conduct needs assessments in his/her field of competence and propose capacity-building plan.
§ Contribute to the development of new projects and to the program’s strategic reflection in his/her field.
§ Attend to the country recurrent coordination meetings, as well as to the regional seminars organized by the HELASIA project.
6) Responsible for implementing the safeguarding policies at project level
§ Prepare work plans and implement safeguarding (Child Protection, Prevention of beneficiary Sexual Exploitation and Abuse [PSEA]) activities.
§ Respect and ensure compliance to the HI’s crucial safeguarding policies (protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse, child protection, anti-fraud and bribery and code of conduct).
– M.Sc Degree in developmental or public health
– M.Sc Degree in sexual and reproductive health or Special needs education
– Minimum 5 years of experience on the field in a similar position (project manager/coordinator) and in the field of sexual and reproductive health and/or special needs education
– Experience in coordination/partnership/consortium projects.
– Disability inclusion and rights approach
– Control of the technical framework, project cycle management and of tools and methodologies related to project development
– Master the tools and approaches of Planning Monitoring and Evaluating
– Mastery of English (written and spoken)
– Good computer skills
Knowledge and interest for themes related to HI’s mandate
– Collection of information on disability, analysis and dissemination/application of recommendations.
– Work experience with Disabled People Organizations, Convention on the rights of person with disability, SDGs and regional disability policy frameworks
– Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills
– Open-minded and respectful attitude, eager to understand a given cultural context
– Dynamic and proactive
– Leadership, capacity to mobilize a team, taste for teamwork
– Flexibility and adaptation capacities
– Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Power Point).
– Diligent and gives attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should fill in the attached application form Job application form.docx and submit it with a 1 page motivation letter through ethiojobs or email it at email@example.com on or before the above mentioned deadline.
Please clearly state the position you apply in the subject of your email. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting child protection and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position involves working with beneficiaries and is subject to strict safer recruitment checks. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police check and sign self-declaration form to help us verify your suitability to work with children including checks with past employers.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes women and persons with disabilities to apply.