Field Office: Ethiopia
Field Job Grade: 7
Manager: Project Manager
Travel: Travel may be required
Physical Requirements/Work Environment: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
The Project Officer will provide technical and training support to the IFES-Ethiopia field office.
Major Duties And Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of training methodologies and strategies;
- Support drafting, reviewing, editing, updating and formatting of training manuals;
- Organizing, facilitating and delivering of training to different target groups;
- Assist with training needs assessment, training design, delivery and evaluation;
- Coordinate with IFES partners on project planning;
- Coordinate collection and analysis of data for monitoring and evaluation of training activities;
- Contribute to regular programmatic reports and maintain crucial project documents which track project progress;
- Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project, and work to identify potential solutions;
- Maintain and develop productive working relationships with partner organizations;
- Travel outside of Addis Ababa for project activities as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in the English language, political science, international relations, law or related required.
- Four (4) years of experience working with international NGOs on implementation of international technical assistance programs;
- Experience in (adult) training design and delivery to different target groups;
- Experience working on USAID-funded programs;
- Experience in designing and delivering training in the area of law preferred;
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in election administration preferred;
- Training/facilitation skill/qualification is an advantage;
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
- Fluency in English and Amharic required, additional Ethiopian languages an advantage.
Skills and Specification
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills.
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity
- Fluency in English and Amharic required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applied applicant should apply through the email below
Please state the subject line of your email As “Project Officer – Training “