The HR and Administration Coordinator is accountable for ensuring the programme’s support services: Human Resource Management, Administration, Office Management and day to day office Security Management are met according to agreed programme activities and resources utilisation priorities and SCI systems, policies, and procedures.
Job-specific roles and responsibilities
Human Resource management
- Directly lead and manage the project offices and areas support staff
- Ensure that SCI policy implementations for human resource management functions at the project offices comply with legal and administrative requirements of national and regional government requirements.
- Ensure that effective and efficient human resource management systems and procedures are in place at the Area office and are regularly updated and implemented in line with the national policies.
- Facilitate, organize and participate in the recruitment process of new staff and the familiarization of SCI policies and working guidelines in the form of induction to all staff of the project offices. Participate in the recruitment, selection, placement and termination (contract extension) of employees as called for and respond to staff problems.
- Oversee the performance management system, personnel records, employee relations, as well as training and development of the staff in the Project Offices. Also, ensure that relevant reports are produced and despatched timely to the pertinent organs in the organization.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all SCI resources mainly but not limited to human resource in order to keep costs low and ensure the security of staff.
- Ensure the effective management of Oracle and Timesheet as per the organization policy.
Administrative duties at the area office
- Manage the administrative activities in accordance with established guidelines and develop appropriate systems to support these functions.
- Ensure adequate and efficient provision of the infrastructure, office facilities and support to help meet organizational objectives, and statutory compliances for all project locations and manage administrative costs within allocated budgets.
- Facilitate all legal issues in order to have ad hoc specialist legal advice, opinion and services and to keeping abreast of relevant statutory legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the coordination and planning of SCI Ethiopia related events and programmes.
- Respond sensitively and professionally to the children, young people and families who work with SCI Ethiopia.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures.
- Ensure that staff members have access to the information and communications technology required for their jobs and are trained in its use.
- Administer area office level benefits including insurance coverage, claims, change reporting and responds to questions from providers and employees
- Administer undertakings related to compensation, performance, and employee benefits.
- Follow up and certify that staff members receive appropriate allowances (clothing, etc) including their annual salary increment and cost of living adjustment as agreed at the national level
- Supervise undertaking of general administrative and reception duties including photocopying, faxing, dealing with enquiries and liaising with suppliers and ensure availability of adequate supply of office materials and consumables to enable the effective delivery of the project offices work.
- Administer the development and implementation of records management procedure intended to standardize filing, protecting, and retrieving records, reports, and other information contained on paper.
- Oversee the management of the project offices IT and communications work and ensures staff are trained in IT Packages.
Ensure safety and security
- Oversee, as far as possible, the well-being and safety of all staff based in the project offices.
- Oversee the network of security that safeguard the organization’s assets and property, as well as the physical safety of employees and visitors.
- Oversee the project offices specific HR and Administration work procedure and are updated and adhered to Area security guidelines
- Educated to degree level in Management and Public Administration or related subject area.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Administration and HR works including the following areas: Administration, Human Resource Management, within a large organization.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a large team.
- Excellent interpersonal and representational skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
- Highly developed organization skills, with the ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- IT literate.
- A commitment to children’s rights and principles of equal opportunity
- Who has good Skill of communication
NGOs Experience working in a complex multi-culture working context in any one of the Support Services Areas
- SC Values are Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity, and Integrity. To meet the value system, the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following competencies on an ongoing basis.
- Leading Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/organization.
- Thinking Applying technical and professional expertise: Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practices within and outside the organization.
- Working effectively with others: Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on the diversity of people and perspectives; know when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
- Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.