DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Objective of the Programme
The Land Investment for Transformation (LIFT) programme is a five year programme that has been developed by the UK Department For International Development (DFID) and the Government of Ethiopia with the objective of improving the incomes of the rural poor, through support to the Government of Ethiopia in the implementation of second level land certification (SLLC) covering 14 million parcels, establishment
of sustainable land administration systems, and the use of the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach to leverage the economic benefits of increased tenure security. Currently in its third year of implementation, the LIFT programme is expected to be completed by 2021.
Currently the project is seeking Regional Grant Officer to fill a vacant position
- The Regional Grants Officer will report to the LIFT Direct Financial Support Grant Manager, MoF Channel One team, BoF Channel One coordinator
Duration and Nature of Appointment:
- The initial appointment will be for 6 months, with a 60 days probation period. Based on satisfactory performance, the appointment can be extended to the completion of the project period
- Oromia Region LIFT Office, Addis Ababa with frequent travel to other regions, woredas and kebele
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Will be a focal/responsible officer for all financial management of the grant.
- Will support woredas in preparation and submission of reports.
- Will consolidate and submit regional reports to MoF.
- Work closely with the LIFT grant manager, MoF focal person, Channel I Directorate (BoF), Channel I Directorate (MoF)
- Facilitate internal and external audit
- Ensure compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or other related fields.
- 4-6 years’ experience in internal audit or accounting for grant funds
- Fluent in English and Afan Oromo
- Competence in IT including Excel, IBEX, Microsoft Word
- Must have knowledge of Ethiopian context and be capable of understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work we perform
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- Capacity to give training on financial management and reporting systems and deliver constructive feedback
- Ability to work under pressure
- This person must be detail-oriented and proactive
- The successful candidate will be outgoing and highly organized with a strong attention to detail,
- Ability to analyse financial data and report writing skills
- Good team worker, facilitator and mediator
- Self-driven, dedicated to high level of proficiency and committed to ethical standards of the profession
- Actively builds deep knowledge in one or more areas; Makes valuable practice contributions
- Willing to travel to the woredas and support the woreda finance LIFT focal experts.
- Experience in operational audits is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to submit a non-returnable application letter with a resume, references and copies of supporting documents online At Ethiojobs.net on or before 25th October