Position Title: Regional Grant Officer
Duty Station: Tigray region based in Mekelle
Reports to: Regional Operations Coordinator
Regular or Part time: Regular
Starting Date: Immediate
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
TRANSFORM/Primary Health Care (PHC) is a USAID-funded Activity to improve healthcare outcomes to Prevent Childhood and Maternal Deaths (PCMD) in Ethiopia, which in turn supports the Government of Ethiopia’s efforts within the Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP). USAID Transform: Primary Health Care Activity will operate in the five most populous regions of Ethiopia (Amhara, Oromia, Tigray, Sidama, and Southern Nations, Nationalities, and People’s Region). This will be accomplished in part by mitigating the drivers of child and maternal mortality in Ethiopia’s most populous regions through the facilitation and implementation of quality health service delivery; improved management and performance of health systems; and implementation of innovative and evidence-based social behavioral change and communication interventions. The USAID Transform: Primary Health Care Activity will enhance the capacity of the health system to effectively use management tools and implement best practices at all levels of the health system and health care delivery with a major focus at the primary care level that includes primary hospitals and primary health care units.
The Regional Grants Officer provides overall leadership support in the respective regions for the TRANSFORM/PHC Activity in areas related to management and contractual functions of sub-granting and shall ensure adherence to Pathfinder and USAID standards, polices and regulations. The Grants Officer will be responsible for administering and monitoring sub-grants to woreda health offices, Zonal Health Departments, Primary Hospitals and regional health bureaus by working closely with the regional program team. The Grant officer reports directly to the Regional Operation Coordinator, works very closely with the Grants Manager at the country office and with the regional finance and technical teams in the region.
- Maintain proper documentation of sub-grants procedures and financial transaction and submit to the Regional Operations Coordinator for review
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight of the day-to-day grants aspects of the project by working closely with the Grants Manager at country office and the program and finance team in the respective regions.
- Ensure overall compliance with USAID regulations/policies in all sub-granting activities as stipulated in the project cooperative agreement and provisions.
- Ensure that Pathfinder, USAID, and Government of Ethiopia (GOE) rules and regulations on grants management are properly followed and adhered too.
- Conducts sub-grants finance and administrative monitoring visits and provide technical assistance based on the sub-granting guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures all sub-grants for program implementation, modification and closeout activities are followed in line with the guidelines developed for the specific purposes and comply with applicable regulations.
- Participates in the development of sub-grant guidelines, training materials, monitoring and evaluation plans, financial reviews and performance reports.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on sub-grantees performance and compliance with contractual requirements and stated activity results and recommend methods to improve sub-grant management performance.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly cash forecast and quarterly grant management process reports to the Country office.
- Provide training for staffs and sub-grantees where necessary.
- Carry out special duties as assigned by the regional management or immediate supervisor.
- Degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in grants management, accounting and financial management
- Previous work experience with an international NGO, managing USAID funded sub-grants
- Must have strong financial and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work across all parts of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying areas of risk, building cost assumptions, and forecasting financial performance.
How to Apply
Pathfinder invites eligible candidates to submit their applications via Ethiopiahr@pathfinder.org on or before April 21, 2021. Applicants should send their application specifying the position title on the subject line of their email. Please send only Cover Letter and CV. No additional document is required. Pathﬁnder is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted applicants will be considered.