About Paradise Valley College
Paradise Valley College is an accredited private higher educational institution, which has been providing its boundaryless service since 1997 E.C./2004 G.C. It offers TVET/Level, first degree (undergraduate programs) and Master degree (graduate programs) in various fields of study. The college is located 250 kilometers, southeast of Addis Ababa in Oromia Regional State, West Arsi Zone, Shashemene Town.
Paradise Valley College (PVC) is committed to provide equal educational opportunities for men and women, and does not discriminate any one on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, religious affiliations, or disabilities. The college believes that everyone has a right to be admitted and treated equally. It welcomes all who want to acquire knowledge and upgrade themselves through quality education and training.
PVC is looking for the highly qualified, skilled, professionals and competent employees for the above positions:
Required Number: 1(One)
Accountable to: College President
Location: PVC Head Office, Shashemene, Ethiopia.
Duties and responsibilities of the Secretary
The Duties and responsibilities of the Secretary of a Management Committee are outlined below:
Ensuring meetings are effectively organized and minuted
- Liaising with the Chair to plan meetings
- Receiving agenda items from committee members
- Circulating agendas and reports
- Taking minutes (unless there is a minutes secretary)
- Circulating approved minutes
- Checking that agreed actions are carried out.
Maintaining effective records and administration
- Keeping up-to-date contact details (i.e. names, addresses and telephone numbers) for the management committee and (where relevant) ordinary members of the college.
- Filing minutes and reports.
- Compiling lists of names and addresses that are useful to the college, including those of appropriate officials or officers of voluntary organizations.
- Keeping a record of the organization’s activities
- Keeping a diary of future activities.
Upholding legal requirements
- Acting as custodian of the organization’s government Documents
- Checking whether the committee members are present at meetings
- Ensuring elections are in line with stipulated procedures
- Ensuring organization’s activities are in line with its objects
- Sitting on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels, as required.
Communication and correspondence
- Responding to all committee correspondence
- filing all committee correspondence received and copies of replies sent
- keeping a record of any of the organization’s publications (e.g. leaflets or newsletters) and
- Preparing a report of the organization’s activities for the year, for the Annual General Meeting.
- Master’s Degree and above
How to Apply
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Application due date: Qualified and interested applicants can apply within 10 days from the day of this vacancy announced.
Interested candidates should send their brief job application enclosed with a cover letter, CV, academic documents and other certificates, and copies of work experience via firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.comOther related academic documents will be checked in person when the applicant is invited for interview and written examination.
Send the hard copies of the mentioned requirements to the following address:
Paradise Valley College (PVC)
Shashemene Campus, Human Resource Office
04 Kebele, Near Tekelehaymanot Church,
P.O. Box: 499, Shashemene