- Performs a variety of technical and skilled mechanic functions for vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair, including, but not limited to, fleet vehicles, such as automobiles and light trucks; light and heavy equipment, such as tractors and graders; and parks tools and equipment, such as mowers, chain saws, pumps, sprayers, and trimmers. Ensures that vehicles and equipment are available for use and consistently maintained in a safe and clean condition.
- Operates a variety of tools, welding equipment, and mechanical hoists and cranes.
- Conducts road testing to ensure that vehicles and equipment operate within prescribed parameters.
- Reads and interprets manuals, drawings, and specifications.
- Provides lead direction and training to lower-level staff; reviews completed work to ensure quality and completeness; and provides input to supervisor on staff performance.
- Evaluates assigned work projects, including materials and staff resources needed to perform the work; estimates time, materials, and equipment necessary for the successful completion of work projects; acquires necessary resources as appropriate.
- Inspects vehicles and equipment for safety and security; identifies and reports hazardous conditions and maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Provides recommendations for contracted services; oversees the work of contracted services to ensure compliance with service agreement and work quality consistent with District standards and expectations.
- Follows safe working practices and makes appropriate use of related safety equipment as required.
- Monitors inventory, orders supplies, and maintains purchase records within authorized budget.
- Maintains records and logs of daily activities.
- Assists with District special events as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Four years of relevant work experience, with at least one year in a lead capacity.
- Any combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Principles and practices of leadership, positive reinforcement, and team dynamics.
- Operational characteristics of a variety of vehicles and equipment and their system components.
- Methods and techniques of using multiple diagnostic tools to identify vehicle and equipment malfunctions.
- Safety practices and equipment related to the work.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Principles and practices of record keeping.
- Principles and practices of providing high-level of customer service.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and application
How to Apply