Vacancy Ref No: HAI/Admin/ 005/20
HelpAge International (www.helpage.org) is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working together to ensure that older people lead dignified, active, healthy and secure lives. HelpAge International’s secretariat is based in London, UK and closely works with its supporting network members- Age International, HelpAge Germany and HelpAge USA.
HelpAge has been operating in Ethiopia since 1992 and engaged on thematic sectors including social protection, health and wellbeing, emergency response and capacity building of local partners. Helpage is looking for a motivated programme Manager for its emergency response and resilience building effort in targeted woredas of Borena
Job purpose: The Senior Finance and Operation support officer, leading logistic and finance team members and collaborating with other colleagues and working closely and professionally. She/he will take initiative in the management and improvement for the logistic function by providing technical support to others.
- Ensure proper coding and close monthly accounts and ensure quality of work and follow up of spending.
- Ensure proper documents and filings related to each grant
- Adherence HAI to the financial and accounting policies, procurement policy & procedures and systems
- Adhere and implement HAI logistic policies and procedures
- Support and involve in preparing donors report
- Advice on application of logistics management best practice, systems and procedures
- Take lead in advising and supporting procurement plan of the field office and following up procurement process at all levels and ensure timely arrival of goods at its destination
- Ensuring stock control and using fast tracking sheet
- Ensuring timely monthly finance and logistic report
Department: Programme – support
Contract: One year with possibility of extension
Responsible For: Liaison Logistic Support officer and Assistant Finance and admin officers
Responsible To: Programme Manager (Borena)
Internal: Head of Finance & Operations, Finance Manager; Logistic support; Technical Programme Officers and Managers; MEAL Coordinator
External: Work with stakeholder
Qualification and experience
- MBA or BSC/ BA degree in the field of Accounting. extensive experience in the management of finance, logistics, donor’s compliance and reporting and bookkeeping and financial activities are required. For MBA 5 years of relevant experience; MSC/ BA degree minimum of 7 years’ experience, at least 3-year experience in INGOs is preferable
- Able to work with his/ her team members in line with organisational priorities and have the ability to cooperate and support others so as to drive high quality work
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders and work under stressful environment conditions
- Capability to engage and demonstrate on data analysis and interpretation
- Understanding issues of older persons
- Willingness and interest to work with a network/partner focussed approach and being computer literate (word processors, spreadsheet, database, statistical packages, etc.)
- Having good analytical skill, self-managed, committed, knowledgeable and confident
How to Apply
First Download the summary format and fill out the required information carefully.
Indicate the vacancy reference No. and the post you are applying in subject line.
Then attach the following.
Current CV (not more than 4 pages) including three (3) professional referees
One page – cover letter highlighting job knowledge, qualification and experience.
Female meeting the minimum qualification and experience are encouraged to apply.
NB: Non-compliance to the above procedures will lead to instant rejection.
We are interested in how your skills, knowledge and experience indicate your ability to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements are required to submit their non-returnable application together with the summary format by email address: firstname.lastname@example.org