Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and analyze information about news worthy events.
- Investigate breaking news stories, check references.
- Transmit urgent information to the news editor from the site event, may take photographs if necessary.
- Arrange and conduct interviews, collect witness statements, get information from experts or individuals involved.
- Write stories using proper grammar and professional style and presentation in alignment with the channel’s editorial policy.
- Create and maintain a good relationship with members of the community, law enforcement, notable persons, credible News sources,
- Create social media posts.
- Pitching content ideas, Plan and execute news projects,
- Provide the weekly plan and report to the department head and/or the News Editor
- Meet all deadlines for projects as requested by managing editors
- Present news to views in a professional manner in alignment with the channel style.
- Ensure their appearance properly represents the face of the station
- Pitching ideas and providing feedback on content
- Qualities check each story to ensure grammatical correctness, accuracy and clarity.
- Attend and actively participate on the daily briefing
- Provide the weekly plan and report to the department head.
- Meet all deadlines for projects as requested by the department head and editors
- BA degree in Journalism and communication from recognized university
- At list 2-3 years of practical experience at TV station as reporter or anchor
- Good influencing, communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills
Salary: as per the scale of the organization
- Women and applicant with video editing skills are encouraged
How to Apply
To Apply: email your application Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com
Note: Use “Senior Reporter and Anchor” as the subject line of your email