Executing the stock management activities (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipment and/ or other logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure the overall functioning of MSF activities.
Duration of employment: 3 (three) months contract with possible extension
• Supervising materials and goods orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use.
• Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others. Stores materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability.
• Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods. Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card
• Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified, easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access)
• Monitoring the store temperature and ensuring Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature. Keeping a special control of “sensitive” goods: numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging and special storage conditions
• Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions
• In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined. Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates.
• Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
• Assisting the line manager with preparation of the stock reports
• Under the supervision of the Pharma department, help the reception and management of the medical stock
• Provide, at the supervisor’s request, temporary support for field projects
• Accept flexibility in relation to working hours, faced with the constraints of emergencies and freight arrivals.
• Make yourself available and flexible to support the team’s various supply activities, according to the priorities established by the supervisor.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
OCB left Ethiopia in 2013 and is in the process of reinstallation. Early 2021, the registration process has started and, for the time being, OCB operates under the OCBA umbrella. As any new mission, all is to be set-up: facilities, team, procedures, importation process, networking, security analysis, etc…
As a start, a first project has been opened in SNNP Region (see below project context) until the registration is completed but further needs could be identified within the coming periods. Therefore, the opening of other project(s) could be soon a reality.
Due to the context, the SNNP Region has recently experienced an increased displacement of people and the outbreaks of several diseases and therefore an increase on medical need.
MSF is currently running medical and logistics activities in Konso zone, Alle Special Woreda, Derashe Special Woreda, Amaro Special Woreda and Burji Special Woreda. MSF Oficces are located in Karat Town. However, MSF will adapt its strategy and activities according to the needs. For this reason the MSF team needs to be flexible and may have to work in others places that the ones mentionned above
MSF is an independent, neutral and impartial organisation that is providing quality medical care free of charge regardeless the ethnic origin of our patients, so to both local and refugee population.
We ensure that our staff is aware and respect the cultural differences of our patients and colleagues.
|Education||· Literacy essential
· Desirable secondary education and warehouse management related studies
|Previous experience as storekeeper desirable|
|Essential mission working language and local language|
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, a cover letter, educational records, work certificates and a copy of national ID.
Application can be submitted/ sent:
– by email: MSFOCBemail@example.com (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
Posting date: 05/04/2021
Closing date: 11/04/2021
MSF Belgium promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.