LonAdd Consultancy Plc (LonAdd) is a Recruitment, Outsourcing, Training and HR Consulting company based in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia, with branch offices in Dukem, Hawassa and a sub-office in Jigjiga.
LonAdd is seeking to recruit a highly qualified professional for Strategic Unit Coordinator on behalf of FDRE Ministry of Culture and Tourism Strategic Unit.
This position plays a key role in supporting the Mastercard Foundation’s Young Africa Works strategy. In Ethiopia, Young Africa Works aims to see 10million young women and men in dignified and fulfilling work by 2030.
Required no.: 1 (one)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, lead and monitor the overall tasks of the strategic unit
- Support and motivate the strategic team in any of the functions they are disposed to execute
- Monitor and measure the performances of specialists periodically
- Identify and reward best performers in a fair and transparent manner
- Fulfill financial and material requirements of the team
- Empower, coach and mentor members of the team and improve the overall performance of the strategic unit
- Nurture creativity, build team spirits and foster synergy among team members
- Identify gaps and capacity limitations and set mechanisms to fill those gaps
- Create conducive working environment for the team members
- Create interfaces with other departments and strengthen relation with stakeholders in the sector
- Identify core challenges hindering the growth of the sector and formulate strategies and mechanisms to address those gaps
- investigate the overall implementation of tourism development plans, programs and strategies and fill observed gaps
- Facilitate and coordinate project design, resource generation and implementation endeavors
- Provide technical advices to the ministry so as to foster institutional capacities
- Set mechanisms to effectively monitor smooth functioning of project activities and take remedial actions when necessary
- Coordinate review and appraisal of project proposals against long-term objectives of the sector and real demands of stakeholders
- Provide strategic supports to the sector based on research and adoption of best practices
- Devise mechanisms to tackle shortage of skilled and competitive labor force in the sector
- Strengthen coordination and partnership among actors within the value chain
- Strengthening ties with development partners in the sector
- Establish and monitor knowledge management systems in the sector
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of BA degree in tourism management, project management, and related fields of study.
- At least 10 years of experience in tourism and hospitality industry. This should include tourism planning, competence accreditation and standardization of tourist services, tourism marketing and product development, tour operation, destination management.
- A good record of career achievements in previous experiences and an account of high-impact contributions to the sector.
Skills and Competencies
- Able to deal with diverse stakeholders, consultations with and awareness creation for local communities, negotiating with different institutions, proficiency in communication skills such as interpersonal skills to get along with people, articulation in objectives and expected outcomes, eloquence in spoken languages and writing skills are required.
- The ability to productively use time to execute tasks in strict adherence to deadlines, avoiding unnecessary waste of time and focus on important tasks and ability to keeping time wasters away.
Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skill and deliver desired results. Ability to think out-of-the box, furnished with analytical views, capable of generating innovative approaches to tackle challenges.
Sense of Responsibility, Motivation and Teamwork
- Ability to exhibit strong will, clear thinking, ability to inspire colleagues, and is willing to empower others to move from plan to reality. A clarity of purpose, a drive for perfection, a commitment to quality and understand the need to accept full responsibility for his/her decisions.
- Adequate expertise and literacy in using the Microsoft Office Suite with sound application of different software programs.
- Fluency in English and Amharic are required
- Additional national and/or international language skill is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to MOCT@lonadd.com, by putting the Strategic Unit Coordinator in the subject box.
For more information on the details of the positions, call 0115 505141 or 0115 588181 or check on our website www.lonadd.com
Application deadline: 25th October 2020
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.