Elsewedy Cables Ethiopia Plc, is an affiliate of Elsewedy Electric, and the first of its type in Ethiopia involved in production of single and multiple core electric power cables,
Elsewedy Electric is one of the leading energy solution and infrastructure providers in Africa and throughout the Middle East. It has 22 giant production facilities across the globe.
Position Title: Supply Chain Manager
Department: Supply Chain
Duty Station: Addis Ababa with a frequent travel to Dukem
Required Number: One
Employment Term: Indefinite period
Application Deadline: November 13, 2020
Source key strategic raw materials, manage and control inventories, and coordinate logistics.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates with Operations and Marketing groups to develop monthly production plan
- Endeavors to learn the business needs and to utilize supply chain’s contribution to the company’s success.
- Direct operations and a staff engaged in a variety of supply management duties
- Direct the development and implementation of aggressive measures to cost-effectively achieve goals and ensure utmost customer satisfaction
- Develop leads and support strategic sourcing for the facility
- Develop or assist in developing plans for the organization and direct the cost effective accomplishment
- Manage the review of methods, procedures and processes, introduce goals and objectives, and introduce alternative approaches for cost-effective quality services
- Develop leads and support strategic sourcing in the factory
- Coordinate efforts of sourcing team to focus on reducing cost through utilizing purchasing leverage, standardization, technology changes, and overall market knowledge
- Direct the supplier selection for all commodities and manage vendor development
- Overseas performance and ensures the responsiveness to the customer requirements
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to perform various strategies and coordinate with all departments to monitor all supply chain activities and resolve all availability issues.
- Prepare reports for all planning activity metrics and analyze all results to recommend required improvements in performance.
- Maintain optimal level of performance within required budget and ensure compliance to all standard projects.
- Monitor and improve supplier performance
- Drive for continuous inventory turn improvement and implement best practice models to assure targets are achieved.
- Direct complex analyses and investigations, review proposals and make recommendations to executives
- Create supply chain objective and align with company objective.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or equivalent. Professional certification(s) in supply chain is a plus.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience
- Comprehensive understanding of sourcing, purchasing, quality control, inventory management, and logistics.
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management
- Knowledge of national and international import/export legislation and common customs regulations.
- Proficient in MS Office package and information management system
- English and Amharic. Arabic is a plus.
- Excellent planning, coordination, prioritization, and time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make independent judgment and decisions
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV through www.ethiojobs.com or in a hard copy
Address: Elsewedy Cables Ethiopia PLC Snap Plaza 3rd Floor
P.O. Box-3238 Code 1250, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel. No. 0116 616161/0116 62 3466
Elsewedy Cables Ethiopia PLC is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.