TERMS OF REFERENCE:
TRAINING SMALLHOLDER FARMERS AND FACTORY WORKERS ON GENDER SOFT SKILL DEVELOPMENT IN ETHIOPIA
With 50 years of experience Globally in facilitating the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains, Solidaridad is a frontrunner in the area of sustainable economic development. Solidaridad is a global civil society organization that provides market driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations.
Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders.
Solidaridad Ethiopia is currently implementing initiatives in the cotton, textile, leather & coffee commodities in collaboration with the Ethiopian government and private sector partners & stakeholders.
Solidaridad established a country office in Ethiopia since November 2015 with registration # 3531. The office re-registered on July 11, 2019 under the CSO proclamation 1113/2019.
Objectives: training factory workers on gender soft skill development, dispute settlement mechanism on gender and gender based violence and working with smallholder farmers using Gender Action learning System (GALS)
Training will be conducted at textile factories around Addis Ababa, Bahir Dar, Kombolcha and Mekele, hotels around Debrezeit and Addis and around coffee farmer’s communities in Oromia and southern Nations
The training involves four Solidaridad Ethiopia projects working on leather and textile factory workers, labor union leaders and smallholder coffee farmers
OUTPUTS AND DELIVERABLES
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks and deliverables:
- Design/refine training methodology, present a detailed work plan on field visit/ training schedule in an inception report in consultation with project managers
- Execute training for smallholder farmers, factory workers and labor union leaders on gender and related aspects
- Evaluate the training activities with project managers and trainees
- Report on the deliverables of training activities as per activities on section 5 TimeLine of this document
Training service fee: submit your training service fee per trainees/ per session (# of days per session) with multiple options
All travel cost, venue, refreshment, per dime and accommodation of the trainer and trainees will be covered by solidaridad Ethiopia office
||All training activities should be completed between
01 November and 31 December 2020
Detailed schedule will be worked out in consultation with the project managers and the winning consultant
The consultancy should deliver a technical and financial proposal that will be assessed as follows:
Technical proposal: Max 70 points
|1||CV or profile
|2||Understanding the assignment, proposed approach and methodology
Note: Minimum requirement for technical proposal to be eligible: 50 points out of 70.
Financial Proposal: Maximum 30 points for the lowest eligible bid. Others get proportionally less.
REQUIREMENT AND SELECTION CRITERIA OF CONSULTANT
The consultancy is open to both individual consultants and consultancy firms. The requirements are as follows:
- Track record and demonstrated experience regarding training smallholder farmers and workers at the factory (women and youth)
- Three Reference letters from organizations who commissioned training activities, indicating how they appreciated the quality of work done by the consultant/firm.
Selection criteria for the evaluation team:
- The consultant should have demonstrated experience & expertise in training smallholder farmers and workers at the factory (women and youth)
- In case of an individual consultant, s/he should be able to communicate in Oromifa or if it is a firm, at least one member of the team should be able to speak Oromifa.
How to Apply
The submission deadline is 01 November 2020, 5:00pm (EAT)
Send your applications (proposal including cost of training fee). You are also required to provide for taxation in your budget by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as “APPLICATION FOR training smallholder farmers and factory workers on gender soft skill development in Ethiopia”.
NB: Only successful applicant/firm shall be contacted. If you don’t hear from us in 3 weeks after the deadline consider yourself unsuccessful. Any form of canvasing will lead to disqualification.