TERMS OF REFERENCE(ToR)To Prepare a Property Management Manual
The Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) is a non-profit women’s advocacy group founded by Ethiopian women lawyers. It began its work in 1996 after being registered in 1995. It has been re-registered as a charitable organization by the Charities and Societies Agency in 2010 as per the Charities and Societies Proclamation. EWLA’s mission is promoting the economic, political, social, and legal rights of women and to that end assist them to secure full protection of their rights under the Constitution of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and other international human rights conventions.
Therefore, as part of its mission and vision, EWLA is a grantee of strategic initiative Horn of Africa (SIHA) and implementing a five-year grant called “WE CANNOT WAIT” towards inclusive and diverse women’s movement in the Greater Horn of Africa. The WE CANNOT WAIT (WCW) consortium comprises five partners: the Strategic Initiative for Women in the Horn of Africa (SIHA) Network, the lead applicant; Musawah; the Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA); the Uganda Association of Women Lawyers (FIDA-Uganda) and NAGAAD Network. This project builds on the complementarity of project partners and years of shared experience and goals in the region, to strengthen the women’s movement, advocate for an inclusive and feminist legal framework and link together women’s organisations to push a gender-focused agenda in the region. The consortium will be working in the following countries: Somalia, Uganda, Sudan, South Sudan, and Ethiopia, with regional activities supported by SIHA Network and Musawah. EWLA implement this grant in Addis Ababa, Adama, Assosa, Afar, Bahir dar, Hwassa, Gambella and Somali regions.
One of the project’s main objective is to build capacity and develop policies. The primary objective of this activity is to increase the organization’s capacity by equipping its staff and developing its operational manuals. Therefore, EWLA is seeking the professional services of a consultants to prepare a property management manual as part of the policy development activities.
The overall goal of this activity is to increase the capabilities of the organization by creating an excellent property management manual. The property management manual will lay out policies and procedures for managing and administering EWLA’s property and equipment, as well as establishing and maintaining an efficient property management system.
- Specific objectives of the manual are to :
- develop Policies and procedures for the management and administration of EWLA’s property and equipment.
- use information on how to safeguard, accounting for and disposing of EWLA’s properties
- manage and efficiently use of scare resources of EWLA
SCOPE OF WORK
The production of a property management manual that provides a system, policies, and processes for the acquisition, maintenance, reporting, and disposition of property assets will be the focus of the property management handbook. The task is expected to be completed within in Thirty days.
TASKS EXPECTED FROM APPLICANT CONSULTANTS
- include inter-alia, but not limited to the followings:
- Provides draft outline of the property management manual.
- Add EWLA’s representative’s remarks to the blueprint. Create a rough draft of a property management manual.
- Distribute a draft of the guidebook for feedback. Include EWLA’s representative comment.
- Complete the property management manual in its final form
- Submit the draft property management manual
- Prepare power point
- Present the PowerPoint for the management team
- Incorporate comments and submit the final property management manual and soft copy based on the TOR advertised
This assignment will take place for a maximum of four consecutive weeks from the signing of the contract by both parties. The consultant should bring the detailed work plan as part of an inception report.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- should hold a bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance & accounting, public administration, public Procurement and related field
- The Consultant/firm has more than 5-year experience in producing property management manual.
- At least 5 years of practical experience working in consulting and preparation of managing property
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English and Amharic
COMPANY LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
- Interested applicants should submit:
- Valid Certificate of Consultancy Service
- Valid Trading License
- Valid Tax Registration Certificate (indicating TIN and VAT Number)
- Full and accurate physical, postal, telephone and email addresses
How to Apply
- All interested consultants can apply by presenting the following documents:
- Letter of Application
- Comprehensive technical and financial proposals
- Reference/certificates of good completion proving that the consultants have carried out similar assignments.
- Updated CVs for the team of consultants
Interested applicants should submit separate technical and financial proposals and other documents in the application procedure section of this TOR in two sealed envelopes through the following address
EWLA Head Office – Temama fok, Mexico, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org