LonAdd Consultancy Plc (LonAdd) is a Recruitment, Outsourcing, Training and HR Consulting Company based in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia, with branch offices in Dukem and Hawassa and a sub-office in Jigjiga.
LonAdd is recruiting a highly qualified professional Tourism Fund Designer and Coordinator on behalf of Tourism Ethiopia Delivery Units.
This position plays a key role in supporting the Mastercard Foundation’s Young Africa Works strategy. In Ethiopia, Young Africa Works aims to see 10million young women and men in dignified and fulfilling work by 2030.
Required number no.: 1 (one)
Design and develop a strategic, sector-focused fund and oversee effective launch of core functions of the fund. The Fund Designer and Coordinator will also work as a senior representative of Tourism Ethiopia and engage with stakeholders on the design of the fund, as well as serve as champion of implementation of Fund activities.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Design short term to long term tourism fund mobilization strategy with a clear action plan for effective implementation
- Support the overall execution of the National Tourism Roadmap by actively managing tourism fund and related set of initiatives owned by Tourism Ethiopia
- Drive ongoing strategic thinking to continuously develop and refresh the portfolio of initiatives that advance the implementation of key strategic activities
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders across the tourism sector and beyond (including government, private sector, investors, and non-profit organizations)
- Work closely with Tourism Ethiopia to mobilize, manage and coordinate tourism funds to accelerate the implementation of various milestone activities
- Provide strategic and technical advice to the CEO of tourism Ethiopia with a particular focus tourism fund mobilization and coordination
- Work closely with team of experts in Tourism Ethiopia and be instrumental in building their technical capacity to mobilize and coordinate tourism fund
- 8+ years of experience working in the private sector, with a strong bias for action (extensive experience in driving strategy delivery and implementation) with relevant content knowledge about the tourism sector development
- Strong fund management experience with ability to ensure delivery, commitment to stay on track and keep alignment with strategic activities and key milestones
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative ways of mobilizing fund with skill set to oversight and coordinate implementation
- A well-respected team leader that is able to set a clear vision, drive execution, and create an innovative team environment
- Work experience with the public financial institutions in Ethiopia.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills, with the ability to deal with a breadth of stakeholders across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to advance the National Tourism Roadmap
- Understands and has experiences with the legal system and financial regulations of the country.
How to Apply
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to TE@lonadd.com, by putting the Tourism Fund Designer and Coordinator in the subject box.
For more information on the details of the positions, call 0115 505141 or 0115 588181 or check on our website www.lonadd.com
Application deadline: 25th October 2020
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.