The Translation Coordinator will provide translation, administrative and operation support to the IFES-Ethiopia field office.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
FIELD Office: Ethiopia
Manager: Programs and Operations Director
- Translate internal and external documents, including but not limited to news reports, legal materials, and project documents from Amharic to English or vice versa;
- Compile a glossary of technical terms and terminologies to ensure they remain consistent throughout translations;
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials;
- Ensure translations relay the style and tone of the original language;
- Assist Project Officer and the program team in organizing program activities, including
- events and workshops;
- Provide support to international and local consultants, as needed;
- Support collection and analysis of data for monitoring and evaluation of activities;
- Take of minutes of program meetings and serve as rapporteur for program events;
- Travel outside of Addis Ababa for project activities as required;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Translation skills with attention to detail;
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature, Linguistics, Communications and Journalism communication or related field required.
- 2 years of translation and/or general program support experience working with International NGO;
- Working level proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Ethiopian national residing in Ethiopia.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in Amharic and English is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applied applicant should apply through the email below
Please state the subject line of your email As “Translation Coordinator”