- Position SummaryThe Wash Engineer positions are a junior level management position that involves planning, supervising and monitoring the proper construction of the Water and sanitation infrastructures in East Hararghe Zone. The position requires supervising construction of contracted or on-force construction and rehabilitation of the water schemes, and sanitation infrastructures, unskilled and skilled labors at East Hararghe WASH project locations. The position also requires proper manageme nt of materials, equipment and other resources under the program and reporting periodically to supervisorsJob description/Responsibilities
- Assists the WASH coordinator to prepare Design, BoQ, detail Specification and Drawings for the water schemes and sanitation facilities
ormal; margin-top: 1pt; margin-bottom: 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: 27.0pt;’>Supervise the construction materials, equipment and goods with IMC logistics and inspection of purchased items, construction materials and equipment .
Supervision of on-force & all contracted activities such as hand dug well rehabilitation, borehole water system, rain water harvest, water points, and generator house construction, pipe line expansion, and sanitation facility construction deployed at site level during the construction.
Ensure construction of water and sanitation schemes are as per the specification, quantity and quality; and take take-off sheets with contractors or skilled labors with drawings and submit for WASH coordinator
Plan and supervise daily progress of construction activities of, contractors, carpenters, masons or daily laborers at site level.
Prepare records of all construction progress, commencement & completion date, as built construction and actual expenditures of the completed structures.
Prepare monthly progress reports and submit for the construction officer
Perform other tasks as assigned by his supervisor/s
• Minimum of Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Building Engineering or Construction technology.
• Preferable to have experience in contract management, Ability to use computer (basic operating systems, AUTOCAD, or Arch CAD
• Have related experience on the construction and contract management minimum of 3 years for the advanced Diploma and 2 years for the B.Sc Degree>• Commitment to IMC’s mission- Improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity.
• Working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
• Competent with Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Able to live and work with a multicultural team under difficult conditions
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through www.ethiojobs.net before OR on Feb 07,2020
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.