KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Plan and/or Facilitate integrated/joint institutional and community WaSH resource and capacity assessment including feasibility study
- Monitor and supervise day to day activities of Hygiene and sanitation promotion, construction and rehabilitation/maintenance and water trucking works and take corrective measures if an
- Participate Project level WASH activity plan and review
- In collaboration with Cash, Health and other staffs will lead WASH NFI distribution planning, targeting distribution and monitoring of the activity
- Actively participate on WASH scheme designing, BOQ development and appraisal process
- Strongly engage with sector offices and local administration on the course of rolling out planned WaSH construction project
- Participate and provide technical support to conduct training for water committee, caretakers, and operators, H&S promotion where appropriate. Initiate construction procurement process like: tender/BID document preparation, supplier vetting, invitation to tender, eligibility screening, competent bid analysis, negotiation and construction contract Award process!
- Proactively work with local partners for timely site handover and contraction work commencement
- Implement save the children construction monitoring, risk assessment and construction quality bench mark tools and standards.
- Produce various WaSH activity and construction monitoring reports and hygiene and sanitation promotion progress report
- Facilitate timely preparation of take-off sheet and payment certificate with support of
- Coordinate pre handover joint quality tests/quality assurance intervention with regional and technical specialists
- Lead smooth hand over process for completed Wash construction facilities, and post distribution monitoring
- Facilitate promotion of hygiene and sanitation information’s and practices across target communities.
- Facilitate coordination of WaSH sector intervention across programs and projects under the field office
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSC degree in hydraulics, water resources engineering, Environmental health, construction management or environmental health related field
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 2 years related work experience in the area of emergency WASH out of which at least 1 year experience in humanitarian response
- Experience in working with in hygiene and sanitation promotions. This includes technical support, capacity building and coordination.
- Excellent understanding of Emergency WASH issues in Ethiopia/Region at both field and policy levels.
- Experience in implementing Emergency WASH project.
- Good presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to train and mentor staff
- Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
- Good spoken and written English,
- Good computer and report writing skill
- Experience working in NGOs on emergency WASH is an added advantage
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en